Frederic M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award: 2017 Call For Submissions and Application
Deadline: May 1, 2017
The Fredric M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award is given annually to a scholar whose doctoral dissertation research, while on any topic and from any discipline, demonstrates substantial insights and implications for the study of leadership. In order to be eligible for the award competition, a doctoral dissertation must be successfully defended between May 1, 2015 and May 1, 2017.
In partnership with the International Leadership Association, the award will be presented at the 19th Annual ILA Global Conference, October 12-15, in Brussels, Belgium, where the recipient will be asked to present their dissertation research. The recipient of the award will also receive the following:
- $1,000 prize from the Jepson School of Leadership Studies
- Travel expenses to the ILA conference
- One year membership to the ILA
- ILA conference registration
Candidates should complete and submit the online application form below.
Candidates should e-mail each of the following submission materials as a separate pdf file attachment to email@example.com:
- letter of interest
- three- to five-page abstract of a substantive doctoral dissertation chapter (specifically, the chapter that best represents the dissertation)
- brief biography
- verification of the dissertation defense date (e.g., a letter from the dissertation advisor or copy of the dissertation signature page)
The award committee will contact finalists mid-May 2017 to request a full dissertation chapter.
Please fill out the information below and click "submit" to apply for the award. To complete the application process, please send the requested submission materials as pdf file attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1, 2017. For questions about the application process, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions.
* Indicates a required field